2016 - Present
Toronto Creative Music Lab
co-created, co-design, and co-delivered an annual summer program for international early-career musicians and composers, which provides them with an opportunity for artistic and professional development in the field of contemporary chamber music. With TCML, our non-hierarchical team strives to create a program that pushes toward a yet unimagined future in artistry and expression, connecting our social responsibilities, institutions, communities, audiences, arts, and each other. www.tcml.ca
2015 - Present
Decoder: Music Lab
design and deliver a summer program that has been supported by the Canadian Music Centre and the Ontario Arts Council. This free program for high school music students focusses on exploring ideas in contemporary Canadian chamber music as a foundation for a collaborative composition. These works were then performed by the participants alongside professional contemporary chamber music performers. www.decodermusiclab.com
2013 - 2016
Music Theory Teacher At the Regent Park School of Music
- taught RCM Theory (all levels).
- designed and delivered Create Play Understand a music theory curriculum for preteen and adolescent learners, which took the class to through a collaborative composition/performance process centred around tasks that explored specific aspects of music theory.
- designed and delivered Parade of Noises, which was a program brought into neighbourhood elementary and middle school. Students learned about rudiments and composition through instrument building and collaborative exercises.
2010 - 2011
Grading Assistant to the Director of the York University Counterpoint and Harmony Courses.
- graded tests and exams for the Counterpoint and Harmony courses.
- developed and delivered an optional tutorial session for students who needed extra help in the Counterpoint and Harmony courses.
- delivered lectures to 100+ students in the Counterpoint and Harmony courses.
2010 - 2011
Assistant to the Director of the York University New Music Ensemble
- conducted and ran rehearsal for the junior section (1st and 2nd year students) of the ensemble.
- delivered informal assessment and feed back for junior section.
- wrote 3 pieces for the ensemble (1 for the full ensemble, 1 for the junior section, and one for the senior section)
2007 - 2014
English as a Second Language Teacher at Hansa Language Centre
- taught English grammar and beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels.
- designed a curriculum for intermediate learners.
- prepared students for standardized language tests